Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yeasayer


I'm really getting into this band Yeasayer.  They've got a trippy intense sound with some Middle Eastern elements thrown in.  Their new album Odd Blood is less folksy, and a little bit more funky.  I hear some people wishing the album was more like their debut All Hour Cymbals, but I'm loving it.

Animal Collective released Merriweather Post Pavilion at the start of this year, and it immediately became the album to beat for 2009.  Ultimately it never was beat, and ended up being the best album of the year, in my (and many others') opinion.  Now Odd Blood is the album to beat for 2010.

I saw Yeasayer perform at the Guggenheim a few months ago as I was first getting into them.  It was a sweet concert venue.  A couple videos of the show that I took with my iPhone are below.



No comments: