Thursday, December 10, 2009

2012


John Cusack narrowly escapes being swallowed by the earth about a dozen different times. Hey look, it's the lawyer from the show Huff! Too bad he's not given funny material here, he was hilarious in that show. In this movie he's just the government guy who makes the hard choices, to oppose the idealist. Special effects are pretty awesome for about 20 minutes there, I'll grant that. Still, I don't feel they successfully conveyed to me that this was happening to the whole world. We're on the west coast of the US about 90% of the time. Also...incredibly long. Should have been half the length. And the moralizing at the end didn't sit well with me at all. The people waiting outside the "arks" are the ones who bought their way in there anyway. You've already left BILLIONS of people to die...you expect me to care about that crowd of rich fuckers? No.

No comments: