Saturday, December 12, 2009

RS Most Underrated Album of the Decade Part 2



RS Most Underrated Album of the Decade

I just covered Radiohead's Hail to the Thief in my last post.  Also on Rolling Stone's short list of the most underrated albums of the decade is U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

My god, where do I start?  Oh, I know!  First off, I nominate U2 for most overrated band of the decade.

They're just not that great.  And so many people love them.  If someone throws on The Joshua Tree, I'm not gonna run across the room to change it.  But their sound has never been very interesting to me, most of their songs sound the same...I ain't feelin' it.

I listened to How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and was completely unimpressed.  Now it should be obvious from my first statement that I'm no U2 fan.  But I believe a poll of U2 fandom would confirm this is far from their best.

This is weak, and duly unrecognized.

No comments: