Friday, June 25, 2010

No Age - Everything In Between

LA band No Age have announced details for their next album.  It's gonna be called Everything In Between.  It drops September 28.

Here's the tracklisting:

01) Life Prowler
02) Glitter
03) Fever Dreaming
04) Depletion
05) Common Heat
06) Skinned
07) Katerpillar
08) Valley Hump Crash
09) Sorts
10) Dusted
11) Positive Amputation
12) Shred and Transcend
13) Chem Trails

I had already been a fan of this band after listening to their previous album Nouns, but my favorite work of theirs is actually the Losing Feeling EP they released 'in between' (ugh) albums.

Since my friend Tanya looked at me like I had two heads when I used the term 'EP', to anyone reading who doesn't know, an EP is a music release that's bigger than a single (one song, and then maybe a b-side or two), but too short to be considered an album.  EP stands for 'extended play', while an album is an LP, for 'long-playing'.  Most EPs I've seen have about 4-7 songs on them.  All of this is practically meaningless in the age of the MP3, but I love having a singular body of music that's 15-20 minutes long, when you don't have time/patience to listen to a whole album.

With that lesson out of the way, No Age's Losing Feeling EP is awesome, and you should check it out while awaiting their upcoming full album.

Sup Pop Records: No Age - Losing Feeling

No comments: