Thursday, June 17, 2010

Neon Indian @ MH of WB Tonight, Sleep Paralasyst Video


I'm back!  I apologize to all my readers for my extended absence from this blog.  Life was kinda crazy for a bit there.  Still is actually, but I think I can divert some attention back to writing about music and other things that interest me once more.

What was I doing?  Well I spent a week in the town of Wallingford in Britain, where my market research company MMR is based.  We had some intense intellectual debates about market research stuff.  There was no time for sightseeing, though I made sure to hit a few pubs.  I was pursuing this girl Tanya, only to really hit it off her lovely sister Alicia.  I reconnected with my girl Nelly, introduced her to Alicia, and the 3 of us had an amazing experience together at the Mountain Jam music festival in Hunter, NY.  Life-altering type stuff.  As much as I'm into music, the highlights of the festival for me were decidedly non-musical.

Anyway, Neon Indian!  I love this band.  'Chillwave' is as ridiculous a genre label as 'grunge' and 'emo' before it, but who cares?  I see this dude Alan Paloma making awesome pop music for years to come, whether it's as Neon Indian, VEGA, Ghosthustler, or something else.  Psychic Chasms is a wonderful record, front to back.

I'm super excited to finally see Neon Indian live, and in one of my favorite (indoor) venues, Music Hall of Williamsburg.  It's sure to be an awesome time, though at the moment NEITHER of my two girlfriends will be joining me there and I need to find a companion.  (Don't you feel bad for me?  No?  Okay, I'll shut up).

You can watch the rad video for the Mountain Dew backed track "Sleep Paralasyst" (fucking hard to spell!) above.

No comments: