Wednesday, April 21, 2010

last.fm Artists 21-25



21. Yeasayer - 395 plays
Odd Blood
was one of my early favorites of 2k10 albums, and remains one.  "Ambling Alp", "Madder Red", and "O.N.E." are undeniably good.  I was raving about this band for a little while here on this blog.  Their debut All Hour Cymbals is damn fine as well.  Put on a great show at The Guggenheim.


22. Passion Pit - 392 plays

I sure love this brand of electro pop.  This band hits a lot of pleasure centers for me.  I understand how the chipmunk style vocals can be a turnoff for some, but I dig it.  Both their EP Chunk of Change and debut LP Manners are stellar.


23. Dirty Projectors - 366 plays

Bitte Orca
was one of 2009's standout albums, and shit, it stood out.  The music seems orchestrated and calculated down to the finest detail, and it's supported by gorgeous female vocals.  I've listened to the previous record Rise Above a fair amount as well.


24. Vampire Weekend - 349 plays

Not sure how I feel about this one.  I wouldn't name Vampire Weekend among my favorite bands.  But I listened to their debut a lot, and it's not like I avoided listening to Contra.  Some of that shit's annoying, but I like "Giving Up the Gun".  So here they are.


25. No Age - 347 plays

I like their most recent work, the Losing Feeling EP, more than anything I've heard from the band thus far.  Nouns is definitely cool, but I've never gotten into it into it.  Excited for a new long player from the band.

No comments: