Saturday, July 10, 2010

Best Coast Debut Record

Crazy for You, the debut album from Best Coast, has been unleashed via the internet.  Fucking finally.  Feels like I started listening to Best Coast about a year ago, and here I am only listening to a full album from them today.

It's great, as I expected.  Sunny rockin' tunes.  Love the vocals.  Subject matter (wish this person I love and have so much fun with and seems to love me would just be my significant other already) incredibly 'relevant' to my life right now.

Fits the description of a female Wavves, which is definitely a compliment coming from me.  (If you don't know, this is kind of funny because Bethany Cosentino, frontwoman for Best Coast, is dating Nathan Williams, 'mastermind' of Wavves.  It's like a 2k10 indie rock version of Kurt + Courtney, except not, because Bethany does not seem like a horrible, horrible person)

Incidentally, the new Wavves record King of the Beach really is like Nirvana's Nevermind, not to compare the two (no "Nirvana rulez, Wavves is gay!" responses necessary), in that there is a much cleaner production vs. the previous record (Bleach + Wavvves), and that production really highlights sweet pop rock tunes that can be enjoyed by a wider audience.

But back to Best Coast and Crazy for You...

It is not sunny at all, this Saturday morning in July (this could be taken as either good or bad, considering the recent heat wave we've been suffering through this week).  But this record brought some sun to my bedroom.

Best Coast Blog

Wavves Blog

No comments: