Friday, February 04, 2011

The Streets - Computers and Blues


Everyone's pulling a 'this is my final album' these days. James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem has said that last year's This Is Happening may be the last LCD record we ever hear. Now Mike Skinner of The Streets is saying the same about his new album Computers and Blues.

I've never written about The Streets on this blog before. Mike Skinner makes British 'hip hop' music using the moniker. He's funny and tells good stories with his music. I'm a big fan of his third record The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living, but I was a bit disappointed with his last effort, Everything Is Borrowed. Hopefully The Streets will go out on a high note with this one.

You can stream Computers and Blues in its entirety via UK website The Guardian here.

1 comment:

The Planet Pluto said...

The best two are the first two. Haven't played this yet, but I don't expect to be thrilled.