Monday, December 06, 2010

Wolf Parade on Indefinite Hiatus


Wolf Parade have announced that they are going on 'indefinite hiatus'.  No one knows for sure exactly what this means, but it seems semi-permanent. [tears]

I was getting so jazzed up about this band.  One of my first great indie rock loves when the released their debut record Apologies to the Queen Mary, Wolf Parade and I have a long history.  I sort of overlooked their sophomore record At Mount Zoomer when it first came out (I now believe to be their strongest album).  I experienced a resurgence in my love for the band in the past year or so, and I've seen them perform twice recently - both times were amazing shows.

Wolf Parade seemed to be on a roll, suggesting that they recorded so much material for their third record Expo 86 that they might release a follow-up EP right away.  So I have no idea what happened...this is a major bummer.

The one consolation is that Wolf Parade members Spencer Krug and Dan Boeckner have both made awesome music in other bands, and there's every indication they'll continue to do so.  A new record from Handsome Furs (Dan's band with his wife Alexei Perry) is set to come out in 2011.

No comments: