Monday, December 27, 2010

James Blake


Not to be confused with the tennis player by the same name, that bro James Blake above is a British musician making some really interesting electronic music.

James Blake's self-titled debut LP does not 'officially' drop until 2011, but I've listened to it several times now, and damn...it's good.

I generally consider auto-tune to be a crime against music, but James uses it in...unexpected ways. Different ways. I'm amazed that it's not lame. James also uses various electronic sounds to great effect - some of which sound like an old Nintendo Entertainment System game, and I love that shit.

I need to listen to this some more to truly form my opinion, but James Blake is definitely worth checking out. I had never heard of this guy up until a week ago, but apparently he released 3 EPs in 2010. The EPs do not feature Blake's soulful white boy vocals (think Bon Iver), but they're pretty sweet too.

James Blake tracklisting:

01) Unluck
02) The Wilhelm Scream
03) I Never Learnt To Share
04) Lindesfarne I
05) Lindesfarne II
06) Limit To Your Love
07) Give Me My Month
08) To Care (Like You)
09) Why Don’t You Call Me
10) I Mind
11) Measurements

No comments: