Thursday, January 21, 2010

Julian Casablancas @ Terminal 5


I caught Julian Casablancas in concert last Friday 1/15, and it was a great show.  I've never seen The Strokes live before, so I don't have that basis for comparison.  But Julian's laid-back cool is just awesome.  Whether it's an act or not, he comes off as if he has no ego, and we're all just having a good time on a Friday night at a rock show, chillin'.

It was hilarious during his banter when he was struggling to come up with the name of the 2nd opener besides Telepathe, Tanlines.  When members of the audience were trying to help him out, he was like "I know who they are!  I chose them".

The songs were excellent as well.  I expected "11th Dimension" to be the highlight, as it's hard not to just listen to that song on repeat when I play Phrazes for the Young.  But there's actually a lot of strong material on the album, and I'm starting to appreciate it more after seeing the show.

I took some videos with the iPhone.  Check 'em out after the jump...





No comments: