Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Best Coast


I'm fast becoming a fan of Best Coast, despite the fact that the band name is an affront against the region I call home (as in, West Coast is the best coast, yo).

Real name Bethany Cosentino, Best Coast are kind of like a female Wavves.  Or if you don't know Wavves, think Beach Boys sunny melodies, but with a shitstorm of distortion and reverb.

Best Coast don't have an album yet, though they've released a number of 7" singles.  So currently I just have an assortment of random songs of theirs on my iTunes.  Enough to cobble together a makeshift album, if I wanted to do such a thing.  In this interview with Free Williamsburg that I just read, Bethany says that a proper album is forthcoming in 2010.  And she doesn't hate the East Coast, really.  Great place to visit.

While we're waiting for the album to drop, check out some of these songs.  How great is "Sun Was High (So Was I)" as a song title?  Love it.

Best Coast - When I'm With You


Best Coast - Something in the Way 


Best Coast - Sun Was High (So Was I)

No comments: