Thursday, March 25, 2010

LCD Soundsystem - Drunk Girls



Earlier today I heard that a 30-second clip of LCD Soundystem's new single "Drunk Girls" was out there, available for my listening pleasure.

Now I've been impatiently waiting to hear any new material from LCD's latest record, but I had no interest in this clip.  A song is the atom of music listening.  You can't split it any further.  One song can serve as a preview for an album, but preview a song?  No.

Anyway, lo and behold, a few hours later and the full song is unleashed on the Internet.

"Drunk Girls" is a fun, catchy party tune.  Very appropriately titled.  Anyone who says "Well, it's no Someone Great or All My Friends" is being silly.  Songs like that (or, at the very least, songs that capture different vibes) will follow on the full record.  This is a taste. 

No comments: