Friday, March 26, 2010

The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards

Sea of Cowards, the second album from The Dead Weather, one of Jack White's many bands, is on its way.  The Dead Weather's debut album Horehound came out pretty much yesterday, so this is kind of a surprise.  But not really.  Whatever you wanna say about Jack White, the dude is incredibly prolific.  Likes to go into the studio and bang out an album in a week, or so I'm told.

But seriously, I'd be hard pressed to name anyone other than Bradford Cox (Deerhunter, Atlas Sound) and Spencer Krug (Wolf Parade, Sunset Rubdown, Swan Lake, Moonface) who rivals White in releasing so much material across multiple bands. 

I never really listened to Horehound cover-to-cover, but I dig You "Treat Me Like Your Mother" and "Cut Like a Buffalo".  Much as I might like another White Stripes record, or even a Jack White solo record, I'm definitely down to listen to another Dead Weather effort.

Here's the tracklisting:

01) Blue Blood Blues
02) Hustle and Cuss
03) The Difference Between Us
04) I'm Mad
05) Die By the Drop
06) I Can't Hear You
07) Gasoline
08) No Horse
09) Looking at the Invisible Man
10) Jawbreaker
11) Old Mary

Sea of Cowards
drops May 11.  Single "Die By the Drop" is out March 30.

Meanwhile, Jack White has recorded a song with Jay-Z!  Can't wait to heat that shit, damn.

No comments: