Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weezer - Death to False Metal


Because Weezer aren't satisfied unless they've made you say WTF to their choice of album title + artwork at least TWICE in a matter of 3 months, they present to us their rarities collection Death to False Metal.

The album title is obviously firmly tongue-in-cheek.  Weezer have flirted with the idea of metal before - in their fourth album Maladroit most notably.  We know that frontman Rivers Cuomo used to (still does?) worship KISS.  Weezer's image and stage show, with the giant flashing W, could be seen as either a parody or straight up homage to metal, depending on how ironic you think Weezer really are.  (To hear Rivers tell it, nothing his band has ever done has been ironic).

So the title I get, but I can't even begin to explain that 'fall harvest' artwork above.  Anyways, this is a collection of odds + ends spanning Weezer's career, a bunch of b-sides.  Here's hoping there are a few lost gems in the mix.  I already have a TON of Weezer songs on my iTunes that won't be found on an official album (Suzanne, Living Without You, and Yellow Camaro are some good ones).

Here's the tracklisting:

1. 'Turning Up the Radio'
2. 'I Don't Want Your Loving'
3. 'Blowin' My Stack'
4. 'Losing My Mind'
5. 'Everyone'
6. 'I'm a Robot'
7. 'Trampoline'
8. 'Odd Couple'
9. 'Autopilot'
10. 'Un-Break My Heart'

No comments: