Friday, March 26, 2010

Wolf Parade 3rd Album

More exciting upcoming album news!  According to prefix, Wolf Parade have finished recording their third album.  They recorded so much material that it might end up being a double album - or at least an album and an EP.  Tentative release date is June 29.

I went back to Wolf Parade's previous record, At Mount Zoomer, after being blown away by Dragonslayer, the latest from Spencer Krug's other band Sunset Rubdown.  I found I hadn't really given the album a proper chance - it's totally underrated.  

Also, I was surprised how much I loved the songs lead by Dan Boeckner.  For those of you who don't know, Wolf Parade have two vocalists - Spencer and Dan - and they basically trade off vocals from song to song.  Spencer and his yelpy vocals had been my favorite, but Dan and his raspy voice really shine on Zoomer.

Anyway, add this to the list of my eagerly anticipated new albums.

No comments: