Saturday, February 06, 2010

Best Music of 2010 So Far

It's the start of February, and already I can list 6 solid-to-stellar albums for 2010...

1) Yeasayer - Odd Blood
I've already raved enough about this album elsewhere in the blog.  Pure awesomeness.  Can't wait to get my vinyl copy.


2) Owen Pallett - Heartland
Never listened to the dude before as Final Fantasy, but wow, this is great.  Violin-based orchestral electric pop.

3) Spoon - Transference
Probably not my favorite Spoon album, but shit, who else grooves like this?  No one.  Who makes your money?

4) Vampire Weekend - Contra
This is fun music.  I'm still not sold on "California English", but the second half of the record is very solid.  I love "Run" and "Giving Up the Gun".

5) Broken Bells - Broken Bells
Basically like The Shins' James Mercer fronting Gorillaz.  Which is pretty f'n cool.


6) Beach House - Teen Dream
Gorgeous female vocals.  The band's simple sound is tweaked a bit, making it more accessible, and I'd say without a doubt it's the group's best effort yet. 

What's next?  Massively looking forward to new records from LCD Soundsystem and MGMT in the next few months.

No comments: