Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jack White


Rolling Stone did an interview with Jack White.  I had heard that Jack announced some details about a new White Stripes album and a solo album, but that's not exactly the case.  The interviewer is asking Jack about his future plans and he says...

"
I honestly could be working on a White Stripes in the next two weeks. I have no idea if that is going to happen. And the same with Dead Weather. I'd rather live like this without a calendar in front of me".

So I mean, that's an awesome attitude Jack has - I know that's how I'd like to operate if I made music for a living.  But he basically said "I don't know".  The chances of us getting a new White Stripes album in 2010 seem about 50/50 based on that statement.  As for the solo album business, the interviewer brings it up, and Jack says that "eventually" he would like to make one.

One thing that can be said with certainty is we'll see some new music from Jack in 2010, whether it's from The Dead Weather, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes, a solo album, or some combination.  Reportedly Jack's methods usually call for heading into the studio and banging out a record in a matter of weeks.  The potential for getting another "oh yeah, we just did an album and it comes out in a few days", like we did with The Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely, is awesome.

Jack also returns the love that Jay-Z showed to indie rock with his endorsement of Grizzly Bear this summer.  Jack calls Jay-Z "just incredible" and names The Black Album as one of the best of the decade.

No comments: